|“||To survive on Terminus one must navigate an endless sea of risks and opportunities. Against this dark unknown the well-worn paths of physical, mental, magical and spiritual mastery endure like beacons of light. Known collectively as Classes, these paths of mastery guide the hopeful and the terrible from birth to the grave and beyond.||„|
|~ Official Description|
A Class is a common method of arbitrating the capabilities of different characters. A character class aggregates several abilities and aptitudes, and may also detail aspects of background and social standing, or impose behavior restrictions. Classes may be considered to represent archetypes, or specific careers.
Pantheon uses a quaternity system of roles:
1. Damage - defined as either physical (monk, rogue, ranger) or magical (summoner and wizard)
- Damage characters primarily focus on killing hostile non-player characterss.
2. Healer (cleric, druid, shaman)
- Healers primarily focus on restoring health to their party members.
3. Support (enchanter)
- Supports primarily focus on offering combat advantages to their parties primarily through non-destructive and non-restorative means. Crowd control is a facet of support, as is enhancing allies with beneficial abilities, weakening foes with detrimental abilities, and altering states to synergize with other members of the party.
4. Tank (dire lord, paladin, warrior)
- Tanks primarily focus on maintaining the attention of hostile non-player characters and directing damage away from other party members.
- What about the old website roles?
Prior to the website update in 2020, roles on classes were listed differently and some roles disappeared from certain classes. For example, "Crowd Control" and "Off-Tank" were both removed from the enchanter and monk respectively, and "Utility" was removed from a number of classes, such as rogues.
These roles have not been removed. Enchanters still possess crowd control, monks are still able to fulfill the off-tank role and classes who used to list utility are still able to offer various non-combat advantages to their parties.
Classes for Launch
There are 12 classes proposed for launch:
Classes in progress
|Bard Cleric Dire Lord Druid Enchanter Monk Necromancer Paladin Ranger Rogue Shaman Summoner Warrior Wizard|